UGC NET exam 2024 completed process and how to maximise the chance of selection
Organised by the National Testing Agency (NTA), a division of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, the UGC NET exam is one of the most well-liked competitive exams in India. Applying for Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and Lectureships at Indian universities and colleges is possible through the competitive UGC NET exam. The completion of UGC NET papers 1 and 2, declaration of results, issuance of UGC NET e-Certificate are some of the steps in the selection process.
Every year, many applicants are drawn to the UGC NET selection process due to its intense competition and rigorous nature. For candidates to be eligible for the NTA UGC NET test, they must receive the minimum qualifying marks. Although there is only one test to pass in accordance with the selection process, students must first finish a number of steps in order to take the exam.
To select deserving applicants, the National Testing Agency (NTA) uses specific UGC NET qualifying criteria. The cut-off score for each category would determine admission to different Indian universities or institutions for the position of assistant professor or JRF. To be considered for an Assistant Professor post, only the top 15% of applicants in each category and slots will be selected. According to the Government of India’s reservation policy, the total number of slots available for awarding JRFs is divided among various categories.
|UGC NET Exam
|National Testing Agency (NTA)
|Exam Date of UGC NET
|To be notified soon
|Mode of Examination
|3 Hours (180 Minutes)
|55% Aggregate marks at PG level (50% for OBC-NCL/ST/SC/ Transgender Category)
|Upper Age Limit
|None (30 Years for JRF)
Selection Process of UGC NET Exam 2024
In order to be considered for the positions of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and assistant professor, candidates must successfully complete the UGC NET recruitment process. The initial phase of the UGC NET Exam selection procedure involves verifying the candidate’s eligibility for the exam. The points listed below demonstrate UGC NET HRM Eligibility for the UGC NET Test.
- Obtaining a master’s degree from a reputable university is imperative.
- A master’s degree (for general/general EWS category) with a minimum of 55%.
- A master’s degree (minimum 50% for ST, SC, OBC, PWD, and transgender students).
|Reservation of seats (In %)
|Scheduled Castes (SC)
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)
|General-Economically Weaker Sections (General- EWS)
|Persons with Disability (PWD) who have 40% or more disability
UGC NET Selection Procedure
The applicants who place in the top 6% and pass both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of the UGC NET exam will be deemed qualified. Depending on their category or cut-off score, candidates will be selected for positions as assistant professors or JRFs at various Indian institutes and universities. The steps that make up the UGC NET selection process are as follows.
- Step 1: Submit the application form of the UGC NET successfully.
- Step 2: Appear in the Exam.
- Step 3: Qualify in the Exam.
- Step 4: Get Certificate.
Stage 1: Submit the UGC NET Exam 2024 application form successfully
The UGC NET application form is released by NTA on its official website. It is distributed twice a year, and candidates who wish to take the exam must first complete the application form in its entirety. Applicants must fulfill the requirements for UGC NET eligibility in order to apply.
Stage 2: Appear for the Exam
Candidates who successfully submit application will receive their UGC NET admit card, allowing them to take the exam.
Stage 3: Qualify in the Exam
Qualifying for the UGC NET exam is the next step for candidates who took the test and studied. For the candidates to be eligible for both the lectureship and the UGC NET JRF, they must receive at least passing grades. The following table lists the UGC NET passing scores:
|Minimum qualifying marks (in %)
|OBC – NCL/PWD/ST/SC candidates
Stage 4: Final Selection process of UGC NET Exam 20204
For Assistant Professor
As per the latest notice from NTA, a mere 6% of the applied candidates are expected to pass the examination and be eligible for Assistant Professor positions. These 6% qualified students would be subject to a category-wise reservation policy during the final UGC NET selection process. Subject-wise merit lists and UGC NET qualifying standards for assistant professors in each category will be produced using the following formula:
|Number of General Category Qualified Candidates for HRM Subject Lectureship
|The number of candidates (General category) who secure a minimum of 40% aggregate marks in papers-I and Paper-II taken for ‘HRM’ (x) Total number of slots available under General category (÷) Total number of candidates (General category) overall subjects who secure at least 40% aggregate marks in both papers combined.
To ascertain the UGC NET qualifying marks and the cut-off for assistant professors in “HRM,” the combined percentage of the two exams that correspond to the available slots will be utilized.
For Junior Research Fellowship
The certificate will only be available to 1% of the applicants for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). The formula for choosing eligible candidates for JRF is as follows:
|Number of General Category Qualified Candidates for JRF and Lectureship in HRM2 Subject =
|No. of candidates (general category) who opted JRF and have qualified for assistant professor in HRM subject (x) Total number of JRF (general category) spots available / Total number of candidates (general category) who chose JRF and qualified for assistant professor across all fields.
Exam Pattern of UGC NET Exam 2024
There are two papers in the test: Paper I and Paper II. The UGC NET test takes three hours to complete in total. Paper I consists of questions designed to evaluate the candidate’s capacity for teaching and research. The main goals of the questions are to assess the applicant’s capacity for reasoning, reading comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness. Exams can only be taken online. The format of the UGC NET exam is as follows:
|Number of Questions
|It includes Reasoning ability, Reading comprehension, Divergent thinking, and General awareness
|This is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge
UGC NET Marking Scheme
Candidates will be made aware of the scoring system through the UGC NET Marking Scheme, enabling them to attempt the exam and respond appropriately based on the questions.
|Type of Answer
|Every Correct Answer
|Every Wrong Answer
|No Negative Marking
Applications for the UGC NET exam are typically made available in March and September of each year, when it is held. A month after the exam, the results are made public, and the exam dates are announced several months in advance.
Issuance of UGC NET e-Certificate for ugc net exam 2024
Candidates who meet the requirements and pass the UGC NET exam are awarded electronic certificates by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The e-certificate is evidence of eligibility for Assistant Professorships and Junior Research Fellowships (JRFs).
After the results are announced, the e-certificate is typically posted on the official website in 7-8 days. By entering their application number and birthdate on the official website, candidates can download their e-certificates. It is significant to remember that candidates do not receive a hard copy of the certificate from the authorities.
Details including the candidate’s name, roll number, subject code, marks earned, category, and birthdate will be included in the UGC NET e-certificate. This certificate is acceptable for candidates to show for a variety of academic and research uses.
How to maximize the chance of selection to UGC NET exam
Data interpretation, People & Environment, Information & Communication Technology (ICT), Teaching Aptitude, Research Aptitude, Reading Comprehension, Communication, and Reasoning (including Math), are just a few of the subjects that candidates are tested on during the UGC NET selection process.
To increase the chances of success, candidates who want to appear for UGC NET must be aware of the selection procedure and make the necessary preparations. They ought to begin by fully comprehending the curriculum and format of the test. To get ready for the test, candidates can consult a variety of study materials, such as books, journals, and internet sites. Frequent practice with past years’ questions and practice exams can help to increase accuracy and speed.
- Understand the syllabus and format of exam: Make sure you are familiar with the syllabus and exam format first. There are two papers on the UGC NET Exam: Paper I and Paper II. Paper I evaluates research and general teaching skills, while Paper II examines subject-specific knowledge. Decide which subjects are most difficult for you, and set aside additional time to learn them.
- Make a study plan: Create a personalized study plan based on your needs and schedule once you have a firm grasp of the syllabus and exam format. Give each section enough time, and concentrate more on the areas that need more attention. For every study session, set reasonable objectives and monitor your progress.
- Use proper study materials: Selecting the appropriate study materials is essential for preparing for the UGC NET. With so many online resources, choosing trustworthy and pertinent study materials is crucial. There are several online portals offering thorough and easy-to-read study materials for every exam-related subject. For additional research, you can consult suggested books and e-books.
- Access online study materials and e-books: Make use of the online lectures, study guides, and e-books that are accessible on reliable websites and platforms. They also provide specialized study guides made for preparing for the UGC NET. These resources cover every topic on the syllabus, making it easier to study and review various subjects.
- Prepare using practice exams: To get ready for the test, take online practice exams and work through past years’ question papers. Mock tests help you get acquainted with the exam format, time management, and question difficulty by simulating the real exam environment. Examine your performance in practice exams, note any areas that need work, and make the necessary revisions.
- Stay informed with current affairs: Educate yourself on the most recent advancements in your field of study and allied fields. Since the UGC NET Exam frequently covers current events and recent research, keep up with them by reading newspapers, magazines, and online resources.
- Join forums and study groups online: Engage in online forums and study groups geared towards UGC NET readiness. Aspirants can engage with one another on various online platforms and groups to exchange resources, debate subjects, and ask questions. Taking an active part in these communities broadens your perspective and offers insightful information.
- Use online live courses and video lectures: Utilize online courses and video lectures offered by qualified instructors. You can better understand difficult concepts with the aid of video lectures, and online courses provide well-structured learning modules that cover the entire syllabus. Pick courses that address the required subjects and fit your preferred learning style.
- Schedule a regular practice by managing your time: Take into account your strengths and weaknesses when creating a study schedule. Give each subject and topic enough time, paying particular attention to the more difficult ones. Setting up regular study times and sticking to your schedule are important because consistent practice is essential.
- Maintain good health and relaxation: Make sure you give your physical and mental health top priority. Get enough sleep, eat a healthy diet, and work out on a regular basis. To refresh your mind, take breaks from studying and engage in enjoyable activities.
Conclusion for UGC NET Exam 2024
The UGC NET exam is extremely competitive, and in order to succeed, applicants must have a well-thought-out plan. One can succeed in passing the test and realizing their goals of becoming a junior research fellow or assistant professor with the right direction, commitment, and hard work. Keeping up with the most recent exam-related news and notifications is crucial if you want to make sure you don’t miss any crucial details.
For more information, do visit official website of UGC NET
If You are interested for UPSC Exam 2024 do refer to the article mentioned below